InSinkErator Badger 1, 1/3 HP Household Food Waste Disposer Review
Nowadays, the world is rightly obsessed with performing every single task (no matter how short or large scale it may be) in an environment-friendly manner. This holds true in the world of food disposal as well. Gone are the times when food waste was burned at some distance from cities and towns out in the open. These days, we have turned to food waste disposers to ensure that our process of disposing of waste becomes as green as possible. However, food disposers are quite expensive and not everyone can afford them. If you are someone who is in the market looking for a powerful food waste disposer that can remove food waste from your household and doesn’t cost a fortune, then InSinkErator has come up with the perfect product.
Introducing the Badger 1 1/3 HP Household Food Waste Disposer, which you can pick up from the market for the astonishingly low price. The powerful 1/3 horsepower induction motor is powerful enough to muscle its way through any food waste that you may throw down the drain. It works fast and leaves no mess behind, which means that you don’t have to invest a lot of your time in the product’s upkeep. If you want to make sure that your drain remains unclogged for as long as possible, we highly recommend that you try out this product.
The Trusted InSinkErator Grind Technology
What makes the InSinkErator’s Badger 1 so efficient at its job is the fact that it houses the InSinkErator 1x Grind Technology. This state of the art innovation reduces your food waste into a liquefied form, which can easily pass through your sewage and drainage pipes without clogging any of them in the process. The InSinkErator Grind Technology is made possible by the inclusion of the GrindShear Ring, which has quickly become the signature feature of all InSinkErator food waste disposers. The GrindShear Ring is so overpowered that it can grind even the toughest and hardest pieces of food waste that you cast down the drain (such as chicken wings or drumsticks). The GrindShear Ring reduces your food waste into a finely grounded liquefied form which can mix with the water in your sewage pipes and be carried away from your house in no time at all.
The InSinkErator’s Grind Technology is something that is widely regarded as one of the best innovations in the food waste disposal industry, and the Badger 1 derives its power from this trusted source.
Easy to Install
What surprised us about the InSinkErator Badger 1 Food Waste Disposer was how easy it was to install. There is no complicated procedure for your plumber to memorize. All he needs to do is twist off your previous food waste disposer and twist on the far superior Badger 1. What makes things even more convenient for the hired help is that with the Quick Lock feature, you can switch between any InSinkErator product in the future with effortless ease.
The InSinkErator Badger 1 is such a powerful product that it has become the choice of 9 out of 10 professional plumbers. They recommend this device because not only is it easy to install (which makes their jobs easier) but you also stand to profit significantly from the product’s quality of operation, robustness, and food waste grinding superiority. Just remember to use cold water when using this device and never to pour lubricants down the drain to increase the waste’s flow through your pipes. The Badger 1 will most definitely last you a lifetime.
- The Badger 1 is among InSinkErator’s most lightweight products. It weighs just 12.7 pounds, which is significantly lower than any other food disposers in the same price range.
- As its name suggests, the Badger 1 has a 1/3 horsepower motor. This means that the induction motor is powerful enough to chomp its way through any and all food waste that you may cast down the drain.
- The Badger 1 has a 26 oz grinding compartment which makes it easier for the device to reduce all food waste into finely grounded particles. The galvanized steel grind used in this grinding chamber makes the Badger 1 even more efficient at its job.
- The Badger 1 is by far InSinkErator’s most economical product. However, this does not mean that the product is lackluster or of an inferior quality. Every feature that the Badger 1 houses is by the incredibly high standards of the InSinkErator brand.
- As a show of good faith in its product, InSinkErator offers a one-year warranty on it. What is unique about this warranty is that it is of an “in-house” nature. This means that you do not have to take your faulty product to a company warehouse and instead, an InSinkErator representative will visit your house, take your product to the factory to get it examined, apply repairs (should they be needed), and reinstall your Badger 1 at your home once all this is done.
For those of you who are still skeptical about the performance level of the InSinkErator, we recommend heading over to Amazon, where you can see that the product has a rating of 4.7 stars (out of 5) from over 450 reviews, which makes this rating even more impressive.
The customer reviews section is flooded with actual customers who have tried this product and stated that it lasted ten years (on average) before they needed to replace it. At the economical price, the InSinkErator Badger 1 is an absolute bargain which will stand the test of time. If you are looking for something that has a little more power and noise reduction, take a look at the InSinkErator Badger 5 or the Waste King L-2600